Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Fresh Fruit and Veg

in N. Ireland
5 replies 681 views
Does anyone know of any farm shops around co.antrim that sell fresh fruit and veg that is not excessively expensive?
Also, where does the fruit and veg produce come from that's sold at the market on Friday in town?

Replies

• ooo000oooooo000ooo Forumite
    577 Posts
    The missus used a farm (Ballylagan Organic Farm (Ballyclare, N Belfast, Newtownabbey) Tel: 9332 2867)
    on the outskirts of ballyclare a couple of times and thought their stuff was reasonably priced. She also used a place that delivers to your door for free if you spend more than a fiver but most of their stuff was bruised and battered.
  • miraklmirakl Forumite
    484 Posts
    I'm very interested in this as well I'm South Belfast and I would love to use a farm shop
    My Doctor told me that "1 out of 3 people who start smoking will eventually die." The other two apparently became immortal.

eBay £00-00
    Amazon £00-00

Grand Total £99-41
  • www.organicdoorstep.net is the delivery service round Belfast. They only cover the city centre though as I enquired a while back.

HTH
  • Jon_CJon_C Forumite
    465 Posts
    They must have extended their service since then - I'm in BT7 and their postcode checker says they can deliver to me on Mondays and Thursdays.
  • miraklmirakl Forumite
    484 Posts
    yup they cover BT8 too
    My Doctor told me that "1 out of 3 people who start smoking will eventually die." The other two apparently became immortal.

eBay £00-00
    Amazon £00-00

Grand Total £99-41
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Cheapest Christmas dinner

We've crunched the numbers to find the best prices

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum