Sharm 5* A.I. Resorts...Recommendations please.

Options
:undecided

Hi,

I am thinking of taking family (2ads + 2 Kids aged 10 + 7) to Sharm el Sheikh for half term at the end of May.. i have seen some good deals on Lastminute.com for 5* a.i. resorts ie- Nubian Village, Pyramissa or the Oriental resort....

These all sound good... has anyone any experiences of these resorts?? if so any comments would be appreciated..
Thanks in advance...

Comments

• saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Options
    its always worth checking trip advisor or other review sites but remember to take all teh reviews into consideration not just the good or bad try to read them in balance of what you want from your holiday. Like this one https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297555-d316744-Reviews-Nubian_Village_Hotel-Sharm_el_Sheikh_Red_Sea_and_Sinai.html there will always be one or 2 that moan
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • 247mum
    247mum Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Hi savapenny,

Thanks for that, i did check various comments... but by the sound of it although these resorts state they are 5* - they actually appear to be like a 3*... :rolleyes:

.... Perhaps i would be better off choosing one of the actuall 5* hotels and going H/B... any suggestions???
  • slowen
    slowen Posts: 2,795 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A friend in work has just had their holiday cancelled today by their tour operator on advice from the home office regarding the recent bombing in Egypt, don't know if this is an isolated case or if all tour opearators are cancelling.
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Options
    I dont think the FO are advising the cancellation of holidays? Maybe there was another reason.
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport