UNICOM Help please

Options
Apologies if this is inappropriate or in the wrong place. If it is, perhaps the moderator could advice.

I am looking at finding any loophole or a better understanding of how to get out of a contract with UNICOM (telecom services). My husband and I have taken over an old established business but as a 'NEW' business i.e. new banking, registered to a new addy but trading from same premises. My hubby was third partner in business before,thus I am classed as a third party to UNICOM.

In breach of their own terms(?) UNICOM view us as the same company thus trying to force us to trade with them, perhaps even having to pay again for another 3 year term to run concurrently (this is what we understood) since under a certain clause the contract is non transferable! Since I am third party and have never traded with them in the past it should have been simple. The two partners have come to retirement age and have ceased business, we effectively took over but as a new business rather than a transfer. I am currently in consultation with Otelo as their service and practices were dire.

Can any one offer any advice or help? It is hard enough starting up without all this unwanted hassle.

Comments

• hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried speaking to Trading Standards or to OFCOM - the regulatory body for the telecommunications industry?
    Weight Loss - 102lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport