BMIbaby hand luggage and personal bag

Options
Hello!
I've been searching on the net for a few hours now and seem to be reaching contradicting answers so thought I'd ask on here.

I'm traveling with BMIbaby next month and have decided not to check in hold luggage because you have to pay more. I know that you can have a 10kg bag for hand luggage with all the right dimensions (that have slipped my mind for the moment being) but can you also take a handbag on the plane with you if it's a reasonable size? I just don't fancy trying to squeeze my handbag for when I'm there into my hand luggage. And I don't want to turn up at the airport and have them tell me it's classed as 2 items of hand luggage and charge me for putting my micro suitcase into the hold (I imagine BMIbaby have a habit of trying to charge you little fees and extras as much as they can from what I've been reading online)

Thanking you in advance :)

Comments

• Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    One item of hand luggage only is the rule for most budget carriers, I suspect that BMIBaby will enforce this rule strictly.

Certainly Ryanair and Easyjet do.
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A handbag is a piece of hand luggage so you are proposing to take two pieces.

You can put your handbag the larger bag and take it out once you are past security.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    have travelled with them a few times and always put handbag into hand luggage. Not just till through security but for boarding too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure