problem getting paid

I'll try and make this as simple as possible and would welcome any advice. I listed a number of items on ebay, a few sold and I waited for paymwnt through paypal. When nothing arrived after 24hrs or so I got concerned. I double checked my listings and I'd entered my email address into the invoices incorrectly. I informed all my customers and sent them invoices requesting they pay through their paypal accounts. One person did so straight away and the money came through and another decided to send a cheque which has arrived. How can I ensure the other buyers can pay? Is there a way of changing the email address on my original listings so that those buyers who tried usung that to pay can get it to work? I'd love it if everybody just paid thruogh paypal as I know that that deos work but seeing as not everybody has (they may be suspicious that their money will be taken twice I guess?) can I change the original ebay invoices to recieve payment?

THANK YOU

Comments

• Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You might be right...you have made an error and buyers might be wary. So why not pull their phone details and give them a call and explain the situation to them. Apart from that (or sending endless emails) there is not much you can do.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,031
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    If you only want to take paypal then you must set your account up in that way. As you have indicated that you accept cheques you may find a number of buyers will just post one to you with no contact whatsoever and I usually reckon on cheques arriving in 7-10 days after auction end.

Buyers have 7 days to pay anyway, even if they use paypal so I wouldn't worry too much yet.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Kazonline
    Kazonline Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    I agree, there is a strong possibility that your buyers are a little wary as your details have changed. Phoning them as Hintza suggests is probably your best option - it might reassure them, especially if you are happy to give them your tel no etc as well if you haven't allready. However, don't forget that sadly there are a few people who bid and then don't pay. It may or may not be because of the error, or it could be simply that they are slow to complete the transaction (some people leave it nearly a week!). At worst, if they don't pay I'm pretty sure that you can relist for free - but I would recomend that you don't leave them negative feedback. Perhaps it would be worth contacting ebay for their advice?
    January '06 Grocery Challenge (4th - 31st) £320.
    Week 1 - £73.99 Week 2 £5.10 (so far :p )
    Someone burst my bubble and I lost the plot so no idea what I spent now... :(I will try to work it out.
    Other Jan :- Petrol £20.41, Clothes £8.50, House £3.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,031
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Kazonline wrote:
    I At worst, if they don't pay I'm pretty sure that you can relist for free - but I would recomend that you don't leave them negative feedback. Perhaps it would be worth contacting ebay for their advice?

If it has been less than a week I think it too early to be concerned yet.

After 7 days you can start the NPB process and if the buyer does not respond to that and you close it after 8 further days the buyer cannot leave you a feedback rating. After the nPB process has been completed you can also relist and if the item sells the second time you get your basic listing fees back, but not the extras.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • jobytc
    jobytc Posts: 93 Forumite
    Thank you all. I'll send out my phone number and see if it helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure