Wedding in Dominican Republic

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
1 reply 423 views
noodledoodle78noodledoodle78 Forumite
217 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
Hi Guys

Wonder if you can help on this one...

We have finally decided to get married and really keen to do it in the Dominican Republic.

I phoned up travel agent for information and was told that there are lots of documents that need translating and swearing and it can be quite a complicated process.

Has anyone else had any experience of this? I don't want to book this to find out that we cannot get the necessary documents sworn etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sealed Pot Challenge No. 286

Replies

• boogellybooboogellyboo Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    My friends got married in Dominican 4 years ago and had no problems getting the paperwork sorted. Their were a few things they had to get done before we flew out then 2 meetings with the wedding co-ordinator when we arrived (each meeting lasted less than an hour) and then wait for the big day. Im sure they had to get a document written up once they were back home too. Compared to the amount of preparation and hassle their can be for a UK wedding this seemed such a good option. There was no stressing out beforehand, everything went really well and the hotel were fantastic. (It was an Iberostar we stayed at)
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals