New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Free flights to eastern europe

6 replies 1.1K views
the_cantythe_canty Forumite
23 posts
2 airlines have got free flight offers at the moment -- think you need to book by 24th dec

https://www.wizzair.com & https://www.skyeurope.com

valid for dates in april -- just booked to go to budapest and bratislava for a cheeky weekend :D

In a bullet proof vest with the windows all closed, I'll see you soon

Replies

• Its valid for dates in June as well. Although with the high taxes etc., there is only a few quid in it when compared to other 'no frills' airlines and there are more date options with some of the others i.e. travelling on a weekend.
    You never know how far you can fly, till you spread your wings.
  • mystic_trevmystic_trev Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree! Ryanair and Easyjet are obviously the market leaders of the "no frills" sector.I wouldn't feel happy booking up 6 months ahead with any of the others.IMHO
  • The tax thing p1sses me off. Why does it seem that only Easyjet quote honest tax prices (and I know it's cause they got screwed over on it in court once!)? If a flight is free then it should be free and taxes should only be £10ish. how can airlines make money out fo these tickets, what the f8ck are charges anyhow
  • trisontanatrisontana Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Air Berlin quote all their prices up-front . As I said in by 5 star posting , this is an excellent airline with customer standards and service comparable to a " full price " airline . They fly to Eastern Europe as well. Check out their prices , you will be surprised.

Saying that I have just booked flights with SkyEurope to Krakow for next August. The prices quoted were 1p one way and £17 coming back . With taxes it works out at £50 return. For that you get an allocated seat and a free drink, but no food.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • sky europe are ok, they have some cheap deals on most are 39 pounds return at the moment
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.:D
  • GlennTheBakerGlennTheBaker Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just taken the plunge and booked a flight from Manchester to Bratislava with Sky Europe in August for my girlfriend's birthday. Flight was quoted as £0.01 + taxes and came to just under £40 for both of us.

Because the hotel we are staying in offers a special weekend deal, we couldn't fly back with Sky Europe so are coming back to Luton with EasyJet! Should be fun! :-/
    This space has been intentionally left blank
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support