🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Year out Travel - What's the best option?

Options
I'm planning on going travelling for about a year towards the end of 2006 when I have saved enough money! I'm planning on heading out to Toronto first, then latin America for a bit then to Australia... :j

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on when I should book my flights and whether a round the world ticket is a good idea?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :p

Comments

• JoseChungsDoomsday
    Options
    keep an eye out for a autumn sale, christmas day is also a bargin day but you wont be here then! lol

I got a reasonable flight with virgin to sydney in sept for just over £700.

Also who ever you fly with, join their frequent flyer club as you'll earn mega bucks flying to oz!
    :santa2:
  • KizzyK_2
    KizzyK_2 Posts: 993 Forumite
    Options
    Ive found http://www.gapyear.com/ really helpful and the forums on the site have loads of people who have been around the world a few times who can offer tips and points (I sound like a salewoman hehe ;) )
    :j Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus :j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family