Help needed

in Debt-free wannabe
3 replies 532 views
Hi, I am new here but hope someone can read this and help.
I have around 10000pounds debts in the UK, however currently I am abroad and not sure when I will come back. I have been paying the installements regulary from abroad, however lost the job and have no
income at the moment. It's really difficult to manage all this from abroad,
and also creditors don't know about the circumstances. What is the best
solution in my situation apart from bunkrapcy? I am scared I have already received the court letters to the UK address, can I negotiate with debt
collection agency at all? Please can sombody give me advice, will be very
gratefull

Replies

• Hi Marona

It is probably worth getting in touch with one of the free to use debt advice charities (Citizens' Advice Bureau, Consumer Credit Counselling Service - CCCS, National Debtline etc) and see what support they can give while you are overseas.

Goodluck getting a handle back on your finances
    £34,547 (Dec 07); Current debt: £zilch (Debt free December 2010)
    Sealed Pot #389 (2010=£133)
  • TixyTixy Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    Hi Marona and Welcome
    National Debtline has an email service for debt queries (details on their website). This may be a good option for you so you don't run up expensive telephone bills.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • Marona_22Marona_22 Forumite
    2 Posts
    Hi, thank you for your help, I have contacted already with national debt helpline, they have answered yesterday, and asked for more details, with CCCS the contact is difficult from abroad as they do not have the number to call them on from abroad, however I have found here on the forum, that you can send a message to them and done it yesterday. However I am very scared as I don't know if there isn't aleready letters from debt collection agency coming to english address. Some bank adviced me it can happen, and I should contact with them straight away, but I can't do it, as can't pick up the post:/ I was renting a room, and the home owner was
    living with me, can it affect her?? Can debt collection agency collect her goods?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals