Unlock most phones for £2.50

Options
I got a PAYG Nokia last year for £30 which was great until I recently wanted to change networks. I went to a few unlocking shops and they wanted between £40 and £60 to unlock it :eek:

I had pretty much given up hope, as looking on-line there was no way to unlock it myself with a USB cable. Just by chance I came across this device that sits between your sim card and the phone.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12167

As it was so cheap I thought it was worth the gamble and bought one.

Its a little bit of a tight fit, and you have to make a notch in your sim card (just cardboard/plastic part) but it works perfectly. :j

I have tried it with nokias including 3110c , N73 and half a dozen other friends new phones (including samsung and sony) and they all worked.

They have half a dozen different types of these devices (some that claim the work with the iphone etc) but this one was the cheapest and it works with every phone I have tested it with.

Hope it helps some one else

Comments

• paolo
    paolo Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    It doesn't unlock the phone - just fools it into thinking the original sim is in.

They are pretty impressive though!!
  • kenr
    kenr Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got one of these a while back to unlock my E65, works fine but as the op said you have to notch your sim card to get it to fit, also it wouldn't fit my broadband dongle which uses a slide to hold the sim (too fat with the sim and it fitted).

But it does work and is as cheap as chips as they say.
    Registered Linux user #497422 :beer:
  • pupmaster
    pupmaster Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Got one for my Blackberry 8100 and does not work
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts