Halifax offering 12 months 0% on purchases

Options
skyjumper
skyjumper Posts: 489 Forumite
edited 2 June 2009 at 10:08PM in Credit cards
Thought this might be useful for some here.

Halifax is currently offering 0% on Purchases - for 12 months and 9 months on BT.
0% on purchases is ONLY for current halifax customers , all others will get 9 months only.

I have been a Halifax customer for just 3 months and applied for this in branch today and got it approved with a Credit Limit of 11k plus. :j
I had applied for an abbey Zero recently and had got a Credit Limit of 250 pounds only. My circumstances - nothing changed since my Abbey application

So was quite happy when I got this kind of Credit Limit, Off I go shopping

thought might be useful info for people after a 0% CC

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    skyjumper wrote: »
    0% on purchases is ONLY for current halifax customers , all others will get 9 months only.
    It's available to new current account customers as well (as part of the application so probably just a single current account credit search) so long as you meet the qualifying criteria, ie apply for an Ultimate Reward current account or pay in £1K per month into one of their other current accounts.

The offer ends on 19th July though...

http://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/Extras.asp
  • samba
    samba Posts: 418 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    skyjumper wrote: »
    I have been a Halifax customer for just 3 months and applied for this in branch today and got it approved with a Credit Limit of 11k plus. :j

All the more money for the fraudsters once they get their mitts on your cc details :p

Seriously tho, that's a lot of 0% credit and it would be easy to get yourself in serious trouble if your not careful. I just reduced one of my cards from £11k to £3k coz I just don't need it and would never spend those sort of sums on a cc.
  • withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    samba wrote: »
    All the more money for the fraudsters once they get their mitts on your cc details :p

Seriously tho, that's a lot of 0% credit and it would be easy to get yourself in serious trouble if your not careful. I just reduced one of my cards from £11k to £3k coz I just don't need it and would never spend those sort of sums on a cc.

I use my card for all spending, so it would be very easy to rack up 12k in a year...
  • skyjumper
    skyjumper Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    samba,

i intend to use the card for all major spending- groceries, fuel, food etc for the next 12 months, and I guess my monthy saving would be put in a fixed saving account. I intend to pay only the minimum and plan to save up and pay towards of the end of the offer term, in 12 months and hopefully keep whatever interest i make in the mean time.
    i have been very careful with money in the past few years and know how to discipline myself- without spending from the savings
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure