Barclaycard cash withdrawals.

Options
GOLFER
GOLFER Posts: 386 Forumite
Hi all

I have a Barclaycard and need to drawsome cash from it. i got a replacement card but as yet no PIN no. I have requested they send another, but in the meantime is there any other way of withdrawing cash.

I thought if i go into a barclays Bank they could give it to me if i show proof ie passport driving licence etc.

Does anyone knwo if this is correct ro some other way to get cash out.

many thanks

Golfer

Comments

• INT1
    INT1 Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Obtain cash over the counter if you have an account with them :)
  • GOLFER
    Options
    It is my Barclaycard credit card i want to withdraw from.

Can this be done over the counter also?

G
  • INT1
    Options
    I would say yes, Just advise you will sign instead of Chip & PIN. I don't see there being a problem as you can support photo ID.

it's a expensive way of getting cash though...
  • Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    I suppose you could do this, provided that there are no other transactions on the account and you do not intend to shop with your Barclaycard.

Not only are you charged handling fees plus a high rate of interest from the date of the cash advance, the payments you make afterwards are allocated to other transactions first, leaving cash withdrawals trapped on the card attracting interest. Not recommended, unless you have money to burn :eek:
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • soul619
    soul619 Posts: 562 Forumite
    Options
    barclays and barclaycard are technically 2 different companies so no u cant draw cash at the counter sorry
  • withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    soul619 wrote: »
    barclays and barclaycard are technically 2 different companies so no u cant draw cash at the counter sorry

Technically yes, but there are a number of services you can do over the counter in Barclays to service a Barclaycard - I'm not sure of withdrawing cash is one of them, but considering someone posted the other day about a VISA counter withdrawal on a cahoot card at Barclays, I'd assume they will allow it.
  • hippey
    hippey Posts: 849 Forumite
    Options
    Any bank which accepts Visa will let you withdraw cash over the counter.

But, I don't think you can choose whether to use the PIN, I think it is a madatory entry, so the transaction will decline should the PIN not be entered. I'm quite happy to stand corrected on that one as I normally deal with non-cash transactions, so memory a little bit loose on this one.
    These are my thoughts and no one else's, so like any public forum advice - check it out before entering into contracts or spending your hard earned cash!

I don't know everything, however I do try to point people in the right direction but at the end of the day you can only ever help yourself!
  • GOLFER
    Options
    Hi again

Does anyone know for sure if i can or cannot withdraw cash from a barclaycard without the PIN no. even if i have like my passport and driving licence.

he other thing i thought i could do is draw it out a site like ladbrokes then pay it back into my bank account. Would this be treated as a purchase or a cash withdrawal.

Thanks

Golfer
  • Mightyowl
    Mightyowl Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    As you said this is a replacement card! so have you tried your old PIN?
    Sometimes they don't change the actual PIN, just the card number!
  • INT1
    Options
    GOLFER wrote: »
    Hi again

Does anyone know for sure if i can or cannot withdraw cash from a barclaycard without the PIN no. even if i have like my passport and driving licence.

he other thing i thought i could do is draw it out a site like ladbrokes then pay it back into my bank account. Would this be treated as a purchase or a cash withdrawal.

Thanks

Golfer

Credit card companies normally charge Cash advances for Gambling transactions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure