OU Credit Transfer

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Student Money Saving
6 replies 939 views
jmarkojmarko Forumite
4.1K Posts
Mortgage-free Glee!
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Student Money Saving
Has anyone done an OU Credit Transfer? (Not *that* sort of credit! :) )

I don't know how it would work and I can't make head nor tail of the helpful advice!!

I'm working towards a BSc in something computery and already have an MA in politics (although I have no batchelors degree).

I wonder if I can get some credit transfer thing for my previous study? Could save a couple of quid and maybe avoid one or two courses that I don't fancy doing so I can concentrate on those that I do!

Thanks for reading! :beer:

jmarko
My signature has been removed by the authorities. If you have been affected by the issues raised in this signature, please contact the Action Line on 1-800-THEY-NICKED-MY-SIG.

Replies

• OldernotwiserOldernotwiser
    37.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that your situation is so unusual (having a postgrad degree but not an undergrad) that I would expect that only the OU could advise you. Why not give them a ring as they have a special department for this.
  • jmarkojmarko Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    I think that your situation is so unusual (having a postgrad degree but not an undergrad) that I would expect that only the OU could advise you. Why not give them a ring as they have a special department for this.

a special department just for people with postgrad degrees wanting to get an undergrad one?! they are thorough!! :rotfl:

i think that technically it's my degree is a normal one (in that it's a first degree - went to a Scottish uni where MAs are first degrees (although four years study)).

i'll give them a bell and find out! thank you! :beer:

jmarko
    My signature has been removed by the authorities. If you have been affected by the issues raised in this signature, please contact the Action Line on 1-800-THEY-NICKED-MY-SIG.
    37.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jmarko wrote: »
    a special department just for people with postgrad degrees wanting to get an undergrad one?! they are thorough!! :rotfl:

jmarko

Ha bloody ha!! A credit transfer department you muppet!
  • jmarkojmarko Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Ha bloody ha!! A credit transfer department you muppet!

sorry - my T175 forum exercise for TMA02 is driving me completely fruitloops! :rudolf:
    37.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jmarko wrote: »
    sorry - my T175 forum exercise for TMA02 is driving me completely fruitloops! :rudolf:

Sorry, no speaka OU!
  • totmalyshtotmalysh Forumite
    73 Posts
    I had 105 points transferred from a Teaching degree obtained in Europe towards BSc Hons in Psychology or 240 points towards BA/BSc Open degree.

When tried a similar thing for my partner - he had 240 points towards BA/BSc Open degree from the same qualification as I have, but nothing towards BSc Hons in computing.

To arrange for a transfer you need to contact the Open University, this is the link: http://www3.open.ac.uk/credit-transfer/index.shtm and sumbit the necessary documents to confirm it (your masters degree certificate).

Be aware that you may be asked to pay a different amount to those doing their first degree, since you already have one.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides