Ulsterbank....

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
23 replies 1.7K views
mcclimmcclim Forumite
280 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
WHAT A RIP OFF....

Needed to get a copy of my bank statements for the last few years, I had some how managed to misplace the last years worth so I phoned the bank to get a copy of them! They have just charged me £7 per sheet for a Photocopy of my bank statements, not even a nice new printed version.....
«13

Replies

  • chunterchunter Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt if there's a company that get's a worse slating on these forums.

    Doesn't bother the Ulster Bank though.
    What do they care about customer service and customer attitudes?
  • NARNAR Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    But the ads say they are a wonderful bank that don't charge for loads of things!:rolleyes:

    What the ads fail to tell you is that they only stopped charging for the other things a few months ago, after wiping their customers eyes for years!! :mad:
  • mcclimmcclim Forumite
    280 Posts
    BUt they do still charge for alot of things....

    One ofg the reasons I have put up with their charges is the fact that you could always talk to your branch over the phone, at least that was a good experience, not you get some bloke in a call center who just doesn't give a toss......

    Think I will be moving to a different back as soon as I can.....
  • Move to nationwide .They dont charge for copys of statements .
    yuo can phone the branch direct ,not an 0845 /0870 number .
    Nationwide dont charge for using your credit or debit card abroad .
    They dont charge for DD and all the things you have been charged for years .
    They where the first one's to say they wouldn't charge for using debit /cash cards .

    I am just back from New York and I had a lovely time using my nationwide credit & debit cards with no fees .
  • thetopethetope Forumite
    896 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    i tell everyone here to switch to nationwide. waaaaay better than any of our home banks and there are plenty of branches about. that said, my "local bank" was in my university town across the water until recently and i haven't needed to set foot in a branch for about 8 years! i do all my banking online or through cash machines
  • rjh090384rjh090384 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi

    i used to work for ulster bank and I know the charge is extreme but I cannot tell you just how much work goes into getting duplicate statements. People have to search through microfiche to get each one of your statements and it is very tedious and long work. I know it is excessive but please think of the people that retrieve them for you.
    love you lots like jelly tots :o
  • rjh090384rjh090384 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ps i bank with nationwide! they are excellent!!
    love you lots like jelly tots :o
  • declanmccdeclanmcc Forumite
    412 Posts
    mcclim wrote:
    WHAT A RIP OFF....

    Needed to get a copy of my bank statements for the last few years, I had some how managed to misplace the last years worth so I phoned the bank to get a copy of them! They have just charged me £7 per sheet for a Photocopy of my bank statements, not even a nice new printed version.....

    I'd politely ask for each £7 back as I believe they may be in breach of the Data Protection Act for making you pay for your own information. Something I read a while back - might have been on that Bank Action Group forum
  • frepolfrepol Forumite
    202 Posts
    rjh090384 wrote:
    hi

    I know it is excessive but please think of the people that retrieve them for you.

    That's what they get their wages for.
  • rjh090384 wrote:
    hi

    i used to work for ulster bank and I know the charge is extreme but I cannot tell you just how much work goes into getting duplicate statements. People have to search through microfiche to get each one of your statements and it is very tedious and long work. I know it is excessive but please think of the people that retrieve them for you.
    surely all bank accounts are computerised these
    days .Or are the Ulster bank still working by candle light .
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cuts announced to alcohol and air passenger duties

And the levy on fuel frozen for 12th year in a row

MSE News

Autumn Budget 2021: full round-up

From minimum wage increases to fuel duty freezes

MSE News