Flying from Dublin

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
7 replies 1.1K views
coby28coby28 Forumite
37 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
We are flying from Dublin and would like to know what the journey is like by the bus and if anyone can recommend a hotel to stay in near the airport as we arrive back late at night. Or what is the parking like down there, Ive never flown from Dublin before.

Replies

• itfgmitfgm Forumite
    60 Posts
    Holiday Inn is very close to airport. They sometimes have deals where you can leave your car in their car park for the length of time you are on holiday at no extra cost as long as you book 1 nights stay in the hotel.
  • dan2002dan2002 Forumite
    535 Posts
    hi Dublin is great to fly from ,only 2 hours drive from Belfast and the road from Dundalk is motorway the whole way to the airport,there is now a carpark just outside airport at 5 euros per day with free bus to airport ,a lot better than Belfast as most of the holiday flights go out at good times and back at good times
  • coby28coby28 Forumite
    37 Posts
    Is that the airport carpark or a private venture the way we have all the ones outside ours at the International airport? Do you book it in advance or just turn up? Thanks for reply
  • dan2002dan2002 Forumite
    535 Posts
    hi its called easypark run by aircoach ,you can book on line I did last time you give you credit card details and a mobile number ,they send you a code to get in and out and you only get charged for the days you stay because when we left the car park we got a text massage on the mobile not a minute after leaving the carpark thanking us for using it and telling us how much it had cost us,but you can just turn up and take a chance on there being a space ,I am doing that this week ,its well sign posted from the airport roundabout just remember that you can save about 24 Euros on a weeks stay because you always need to be there for 8 days ,as I did say in January the main airport car park was 8 Euros a day and no weekly rate you must pay by the day ,easypark is 5 Euro pre day ,you can find there web site on google as I dont know if you are allowed to post links on here
  • leskerrleskerr Forumite
    129 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    dan2002 wrote:
    hi Dublin is great to fly from ,only 2 hours drive from Belfast and the road from Dundalk is motorway the whole way to the airport,there is now a carpark just outside airport at 5 euros per day with free bus to airport ,a lot better than Belfast as most of the holiday flights go out at good times and back at good times

2 hours is about right for driving, but if you use the Aircoach allow for for up to 3.5 hours, as the traffic in Newry and Drogheda is s.l.o.w.

regards

Les
  • coby28coby28 Forumite
    37 Posts
    Think I'll take the car, that seems a long time to sit in a bus with a plane to catch. I'll try one of those 2 carparks. thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides