Forum Home » I wanna buy-it or do-it

Claim expenses for accident witness.

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Claim expenses for accident witness.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I wanna buy-it or do-it
1 reply 3.2K views
divadeedivadee Forumite
10.6K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I wanna buy-it or do-it
Now i know some of you will think this is tight. But I was a witness to an accident (noone was hurt other than the cars) didnt think it would come to much as in my opinion it was a clear cut case, but this morning have received an accident witness form to fill with a letter stating that i may have to appear in court as a witness.

Now i was wondering if i could claim my time and expnses going to the post office etc... from the solicitors? I know it could be morally wrong to do this but the form is vvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyy long and complex and will prob take 2-3 hours to complete with drawings etc...

What would you lot do? ;D

Replies

• Suzy_BabeSuzy_Babe Forumite
    314 posts
    I would do unto others as I would have them do unto me, namely ... spare someone your time (and the cost of a stamp) when they are in need of a bit of help.

However, I would assume that if the matter involves your attending court, then all expenses would be paid.
    If it's cheap, I'm cheerful!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support