Freestanding mobile aircon?

Hi

I am thinking about buying a freestanding air conditioner, our new build flat is like an oven even with the windows and doors open. Also with the summer coming I can see it getting worse. Only need this at night for sleeping.

I have done some research and i know you can get these ones that are "air condensers" that do not require you to have unit on the outside of the house. They are not as good as the normal ones, but I am sure they have to be better than a fan!

4airXcoXuk/mobile-air-conditioning-monobloc-mobile-air-conditioning-c-745546608_1500.html?page=2

argosXcoXuk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001501&langId=-1&searchTerms=air+con&Submit=GO+%3E

Sorry had to break about the URL with X rather than . as would not allow me to post URLs

I have look at the ones on Agros, but seem quite cheap and not great reviews and I get impression you can get more heavy weight one. I dont' mind spending a bit, want to get something for the bedroom but would need a long hose (7.5m from bedroom door to living room window) It needs to be quiet, misses is a light sleeper. Has anyone tried or got one of these?

Thanks

Replies

• poh75poh75 Forumite
    37 Posts
    is there any reason why one of these would not work? Condenser Box you use with timble dryer?
    kaleidoscopeXcoXuk/web/main/ProductDisplay.asp?An=0&N=0&Au=P_MasterItem&Nu=P_MasterItem&A=51K390_&cm_mmc=SEM-_-Froogle-_-Electricals/Appliances/Tumble%20Dryers-_-51K390&catreqmedia=W0765&ordermedia=T0065&name=10PERCENT&orderoffercode=PP2P&entry=1
  • richardc1983richardc1983 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    All portable units are quite noisy, you wont be able to sleep with it on due the the loud buzzing humming noise they emit. The condenser box for a tumble dryer wont work, u need to get rid of the heat out of the room the condesner box are not good enough.

For what you spend on a portable unit you could get a good system fitted with a box outside. IS there any reason you dont want to have a box outside?
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals