Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning» Flights, Currency & Car Hire

Want to take DS somewhere on an aeroplane. Not far, not a lot of money, Any ideas?

New Post Advanced Search

Want to take DS somewhere on an aeroplane. Not far, not a lot of money, Any ideas?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
19 replies 2K views
easyeasy Forumite
2.4K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
DS is 9 and has never been on a plane yet, altho he's done 3 cruises in his life. It's time he had that experience I think.

I fancy taking him somewhere for 2 or 3 nights, was thinking Jersey/Ireland ish, but have no idea of any good child-friendly hotels.

Ideally East Midlands airport (only 25 mins away).

Just looking for suggestions please.
I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say. :)

Replies

• Ryanair currently has Nantes, Bergerac, Pisa for £16 return(of course it may be cheaper in a couple of days).

Jersey/Ireland sounds too close/similar to where you are now.
  • My stepchildren fly from East Midlands back home to Inverness. It's a small airport, and you could take DS to Loch Ness to nessiewatch LOL
  • !!!!!! is ds?

Nintendo DS?
  • MegansmumMegansmum Forumite
    327 posts
    We went from east midlands with ryanair on a deal £60 2 adults and a child. Taxi from pisa airport to camping torre pendente is twelve euro. A small caravan is £150 for 3 nights. You can view on: http://www.campingtorrependente.it/eng/default.htm

You are a 10 minute walk from the leaning tower and duomo. The camp site has a pool, restaurant, cafe, shop, gift shop, play area, internet cafe, bike hire etc.
    Marina de pisa is a lovely 30 minute bike ride away with a rock enclosed bay and beach.
    The food is to die for and the italians absolutely love kids!!
    The buses and trains are really cheap and clean and you can visit anywhere: LOucca, sienna, viarregio, florence, livorno etc.

We go every year and took our eldest 2 (21 and 17 ) when they were young and now we go with our 22 month old too!
    Came home last night from spending 6 days there and every day was sunny and 25 degrees!!
    2009 - Attempting to grow my own Kitchen garden..... :o did it!!!
    2010 - Attempting to make my garden a beautiful place for dd2 to enjoy!
  • irishwench69irishwench69 Forumite
    807 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    sturll wrote: »
    !!!!!! is ds?

Nintendo DS?

Possibly that as well, but I think it means 'Darling Son' in this case ;)

There's a whole section of similar abbreviations (DD - darling daughter, DH - darling husband etc)

HTH!

IW x
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 222 :beer:
    :T Debt free wannabe - Proud to be dealing with my debts! :T

Remember the MoneySaving mantras!

IF YOU'RE SKINT......
    Do I need it? Can I afford it? Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?

IF YOU'RE NOT SKINT......
    Will I use it? Is it worth it? Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?
  • Possibly that as well, but I think it means 'Darling Son' in this case ;)

There's a whole section of similar abbreviations (DD - darling daughter, DH - darling husband etc)

HTH!

IW x

Why not just say son??

:confused:
  • potnoodle_2potnoodle_2 Forumite
    115 posts
    ds, dd, etc, are used on most forums ive used on internet, i used to wonder too but now im used to it! (even had to google it, how blonde ? :)
  • Potnoodle wrote: »
    ds, dd, etc, are used on most forums ive used on internet, i used to wonder too but now im used to it! (even had to google it, how blonde ? :)

Most forums?

Perhaps 'most forums visited by people who earn wages and not salaries' would be more appropriate.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • edited 23 May 2009 at 9:50PM
    duchyduchy Forumite
    19.5K posts
    Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 May 2009 at 9:50PM
    Nope just "most forums" or actually fora if I was to really nitpick ;)
    Of course my experience of forums only goes back to around 1993 and covers a wide range of topics across the spectrum. DH, DS etc goes right back to then and has nothing to do with income or education. Please refrain from talking out of your backside.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Thankfully, I don't have to use such abbreviations.

I was always taught by my Cambridge-educated English teacher that there are two forms of English - 'wage' English and 'salary' English. For that reason, I don't do abbreviations.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support