NPower - Charging me DOUBLE!

Options
rich-r
rich-r Posts: 3 Newbie
I just moved into a rented house last November. The house had a token gas metre and a token electricity metre which I've been topping up with token's untill February when my gas metre got changed to a standard metre and my electric metre got changed to a key (the metres also where checked for usage).

So I carried on with my life thinking nothing could go wrong untill a few weeks ago I got a gas bill and an electricity bill through charging me all the way from November (when I moved in) both coming upto roughly about £250 each. I immediately rang NPower thinking that they'd simply apologise and correct their mistake... I was wrong. The rep on the phone said they couldn't trace any of my payment's and that, even though the person on the phone admitted that I must have payed for the utilities with tokens to physically use them, because the payments could not be traced I will still have to pay these bills.

I cant understand how this could be justified at all being as I've already paid for what I've used (barring feb till now on the gas, which I'm more than happy to pay). Is there any sort of help I could get for this situation?

Comments

• rich-r
    Options
    bump this cas 1000 threads swamped mine
  • Vestra
    Vestra Posts: 856 Forumite
    Options
    Have you still got the receipts from your payments?
  • lee12_2
    lee12_2 Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Hi when we had problems with NPower a few years ago we got help from Energy Watch they got it sorted out but the have now merged with consumer direct so I would get in touch with them , if they can not help I bet they know who can.
  • rich-r
    Options
    Have you still got the receipts from your payments?
    No and thats half my problem.
    Hi when we had problems with NPower a few years ago we got help from Energy Watch they got it sorted out but the have now merged with consumer direct so I would get in touch with them , if they can not help I bet they know who can
    Thanks, I'll try that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport