🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

DIY-kitchens

Options
Really tempted to go with them. Had Moben design my kitchen and quote me 14k for it - wouldn't go any lower except for 1k less on credit. Magnet quoted 8.5k although this is with very basic appliances. I've priced up the carcasses and high end NEFF appliances on DIY-kitchens and got it to 6k. Whilst the carcasses look fairly good quality can anyone comment on the doors?
I'm looking at Avant White or Fresco White (listed as vinyl) or Ignea (listed as timber veneer) or even their new range Izari. How do they compare with other makes of door? Anyone had any experience of them good or bad?
I will be using a local builders to fit the kitchen and a local stonemasons to supply the granite worktops.

Many thanks! :confused:

Comments

• HartGranite
    Options
    Really tempted to go with them. Had Moben design my kitchen and quote me 14k for it - wouldn't go any lower except for 1k less on credit. Magnet quoted 8.5k although this is with very basic appliances. I've priced up the carcasses and high end NEFF appliances on DIY-kitchens and got it to 6k. Whilst the carcasses look fairly good quality can anyone comment on the doors?
    I'm looking at Avant White or Fresco White (listed as vinyl) or Ignea (listed as timber veneer) or even their new range Izari. How do they compare with other makes of door? Anyone had any experience of them good or bad?
    I will be using a local builders to fit the kitchen and a local stonemasons to supply the granite worktops.

Hi Mister2dogs :beer:

Just be aware of the grade of granite you are getting - have you seen the stone that your worktops will be cut from?

Many good suppliers will let you see this first before it is installed, or even fabricated!

Just a thought ;)
    Granite Worktops are great for your Kitchen!
  • Kefte
    Kefte Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    My partner is a Stone Mason and I agree with seeing the slab your kitchen worktops will be cut from.

We got our kitchen cupboards and doors from screwfix, shoved on some expensive beautiful handles and put a lovely granite worktop top [which was free due to a customer changing their mind]... cost us not much more than a thousand -- and I'm very pleased. And we have a decent sized kitchen btw.
  • mister2dogs
    Options
    Many thanks for the useful advice re: worktops! :beer:

Still waiting though for peoples experiences with DIY-kitchens though!
  • beetlebum_2
    beetlebum_2 Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I've been looking at DIY Kitchens and also Wren Kitchens. People have positive things to say about both companies. At the moment I'm swinging towards Wren.
  • lisahobden
    lisahobden Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    Just to say I am also thinking of going with DIY Kitchens - they sell the second nature doors that can be seen in many top-end kitchen showrooms, and u can go to their factory to seel the quality for yourself. I am still at the design phase so haven't got any prices yet...
  • markie1980
    markie1980 Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I bought my units from DIY Kitchens but got the doors elsewhere so can't help with that.
    I can say that i'm very pleased with the quality of the units and service i recieved from them - they were very helpful.
    The doors that they sell are the same ones sold by other other retailers, so shouldn't be any better or worse quality.
  • Steve_Groves
    Options
    I've used DIY-Kitchens and have nothing but praise for them. Ordered online, they then rang me to make sure I had purchased all the correct parts.

I bought carcases and Second Nature doors so can only comment on their quality and not other doors (I bought the BroadOak Natural). The price is the best I have found for Second Nature doors and service was second to none.

Also look at WithKnobsOn.co.uk because I have also used then with similar satisfaction.

As someone said, Second Nature doors are found on costly kitchens. We were quoted £20K+ (for units and Granite worktop) from a local kitchen outfit and I put the exactly the same in for £5.5K buying from DIY-Kitchens + different granite supplier.

http://thegrovesfamily.co.uk/KitchenPhotos.aspx gives you an idea of what you can get for that money
  • toffeegirl
    toffeegirl Posts: 292 Forumite
    Options
    My newly fitted kitchen is from DIY-Kitchens. Scope Ivory doors with vanilla units.

Most pleased - glad I went for it.

Used an independent fitter (who travelled over from Romford) to install it.
  • socrates
    socrates Posts: 2,889 Forumite
    Options

Are you getting the appliances separately?

There are a lot of deals available if you shop around on ebay.

I also have a contact found from ebay who does a lot of Miele stuff very reasonably priced
  • socrates
    socrates Posts: 2,889 Forumite
    Options
    Incidentally got a kitchen from Benchmarx recently - supposed to be trade only BUT in the current climate .....

They provide free planning visit with diagrams, plans and 3d images.

Very reasonably priced and like others have said - source the granite, handles and appliances elsewhere.

Plus they can recommend an installer - but any decent carpenter will do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport