Scottish Power driving me mad

Options
zaksmum
zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
About a year ago I got a letter saying my electricity meter would be replaced as it had reached the end of it's useful life (no charge to me)

After this was done, I noticed the next few bills were estimated, but just paid them as they were around the usual amount.

Got a call from SP asking me to take a reading as they didn't have up to date info on my meter. gave this, then got a bill a week later. The reading on the bill was nothing like the meter reading, and the meter serial no. was different. SP said it looked like the estimates had been based on the old meter, told me not to pay the bill as they'd send a new one.

Got the reminder a week later, no new bill though. I have now emailed SP 8 times, rang them 12 times and had 21 phone calls from them.

Just now had an email from them saying they have no record of any meter change at my address, but there IS an unpaid bill, and if I don't pay it my credit rating could be affected.

GRRRRRRRR!!!

What can I do to get through to these people???:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Call them and ask to speak to their customer care team (not their customer service team)

If that doesn't resolve the problem within 8 weeks, (or you receive a final response letter) contact the energy ombudsman if appropriate on 0845 055 0760

http://www.energy-ombudsman.org.uk
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks premier, I'll give that a go
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts