Balance Transfer and Overdraft Question

Options
Hi there,

I hope someone here can give me some help to answer this question.

I currently have an Egg Money card (16.9%) with £1900 balance. I also have an overdraft of £600.

If I take out a 0% balance transfer card, such as Abbey or Virgin (~3% fee), and transfer the Egg Money balance across to them, instead of transferring the £600 overdraft, can I instead ask them to transfer £2100 which would find my bank account by £1500 during the balance transfer offer period.

Would there be any charges here that I am not thinking about, i.e. money or cash advance, or can I "sneak" it through as a balance transfer??

Cheers,

Ian

Comments

• never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    boomyanka wrote: »
    Hi there,

I hope someone here can give me some help to answer this question.

I currently have an Egg Money card (16.9%) with £1900 balance. I also have an overdraft of £600.

If I take out a 0% balance transfer card, such as Abbey or Virgin (~3% fee), and transfer the Egg Money balance across to them, instead of transferring the £600 overdraft, can I instead ask them to transfer £2100 which would find my bank account by £1500 during the balance transfer offer period.

Would there be any charges here that I am not thinking about, i.e. money or cash advance, or can I "sneak" it through as a balance transfer??

Cheers,

Ian

MBNA have a credit bank account facility within their balance transfer section so you can have a cash advance that way through them (3% fee applies).....
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family