Electoral roll update?

Options
Hi all,

I'm looking to finance a new car and i'm having trouble getting a loan or credit card. I applied with my own bank, the Abbey online and was sent a letter of refusal. I then realised that I was not on the electoral roll at my new address so set about registering with my local council, I was informed by letter that I would be on the register as of the 1st April. I applied for the 0% card with Virgin on the 1st April and informed them that i am on the register as of this date and they said they would take that into account. I was subsequently refused.

I have since done an experian and equifax credit check and it still shows up that i'm not on the electoral roll. How often do the credit reference agencies update the electoral roll records? Can i speed the process up? How many points would being on the electoral roll give me?

My score incidentally is 820, do you think flybe may accept me?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Comments

• Paul_Herring
    Paul_Herring Posts: 7,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How often do the credit reference agencies update the electoral roll records?
    The rolling register is updated 8 months of the year: http://www.tracesmart.co.uk/latest-news/?id=41 - unsure how often the CRAs update but I'd expect it to be inline with those.
    Can i speed the process up? How many points would being on the electoral roll give me?

My score incidentally is 820, do you think flybe may accept me?
    There is no such thing as a universal credit score. If you asked the other CRA, it is highly unlikely you'd get the same number. This is just a nice little earner for the CRA's and at best is only an indication of your general 'credit health' and at worst a misleading number generated by the CRA. The only use this number would have is if the CRA's themselves granted credit - and if that happened they'd either stop giving out credit scores or (more likely) have in the small print that 'acceptance is not based on your credit score as given by us.'
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • Robert_Sterling_3
    Options
    There is no such thing as a universal credit score. If you asked the other CRA, it is highly unlikely you'd get the same number. This is just a nice little earner for the CRA's and at best is only an indication of your general 'credit health' and at worst a misleading number generated by the CRA.

Wot a chiz.
    ...............................I have put my clock back....... Kcolc ym
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family