Scam or not???

Options
I have just been aproached by a company that claims that it's possible to get ny loans and credit cards balances wiped off because that they might not be enforcable. It relates to loans or credit cards that were taken out before April 2008. Has anyone else heard of this??

Comments

• withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    Read the many "first-time posts" that appear on here every day. Not really a scam, but most people lose money with it
  • naijapower
    naijapower Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    Options
    Yes. it is possible. But i thought it was pre April 2007???
  • llionjones1
    Options
    withnell wrote: »
    Read the many "first-time posts" that appear on here every day. Not really a scam, but most people lose money with it
    Thanks for the advice. I am not on here everyday so difficult to keep up with what's going on
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    naijapower wrote: »
    Yes. it is possible. But i thought it was pre April 2007???

TOSH ! Prove it's possible !
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am not on here everyday so difficult to keep up with what's going on

Not under this username in any case, you just use a mutitude of others to promote this TOSH !
  • hedion
    hedion Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    lol ripp off did they tell you how it would be done
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team
  • orangetrader
    orangetrader Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    do some research here and elsewhere (CAG). Plenty of info. The law (CCA) around this practice is well defined and is not really open to interpretation. It is a case of establishing a strong legal basis and negotiating with the lender. Don't pay upfront for an assessment, you will find companies who will do it for free.
  • Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    See debt free wannabe
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    scamalert.jpg

Check out your local library for a copy of this:

scam.jpg
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure