Citi group indian call centre

Options
I cannot get any sense out of the call centre, the only thing he keeps saying is that my bank has declined the payment (i think thats what he is saying because his english is quite poor). Now considering i paid another card just before and another just after i think they are the problem,does anybody know if they have a UK call centre ?

Comments

• never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    stevsand wrote: »
    I cannot get any sense out of the call centre, the only thing he keeps saying is that my bank has declined the payment (i think thats what he is saying because his english is quite poor). Now considering i paid another card just before and another just after i think they are the problem,does anybody know if they have a UK call centre ?

yes mate just ring during office hours is the best way...... after 6pm most transfer to India.
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    Citibank Gold call centres are in the UK, all the others are in India - you're just lucky if you get the UK in the daytime!
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    withnell wrote: »
    Citibank Gold call centres are in the UK, all the others are in India - you're just lucky if you get the UK in the daytime!

Not entirely true, this is true for HSBC and the likes in respect of their PLUS/Premier account holders vs normal account holders but not with Citi.....

Citi use UK centres through the day and India as back up when their systems/calls are full. If you think when it is morning here the guys in India are going to bed so through the day in the UK you'll usually get UK people unless you go to overflow. Regards to India, their night shift people get paid slightly more than the day shift people so yes, there are a lot of calls go through to india when they are busy and at peak times.

Personally, I ask for someone from the UK to call me back which they always do and are happy to offer such a service, again unlike some companies (BT etc)
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family