Transfering to Natwest eISA

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
8 replies 2.7K views
Supreme_2Supreme_2 Forumite
133 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
I opened one of these last week and was wondering about the transfer process. I have a few years worth of ISA to move over, but can i do this at any time? Also, if i pay money into the ISA now, and transfer funds from another ISA later, does this matter? Or do i have to do the transfer first?

Replies

• You fill in the form that is available on their website. You can do this at any time and does not affect the amount you can deposit in any tax year.
  • can anyone tell us about their experiences on this product. is it quite quick to transfer into?
  • I sent in the forms about 2 weeks ago, and nothing has appeared on my account yet.

Barclays closed my account last Monday, and Lloyds closed my account last Friday.
  • hinchyhinchy Forumite
    59 Posts
    I understand that any monies over your isa limit is transfered to the spill over account , this makes sure you don't over subsctibe.
  • My Lloyd's FRISA has arrived in my NatWest e-ISA account. :) Took about 2.5 weeks.

Still no sign of the Barclays transfer! :(
  • WhiteSpaceWhiteSpace Forumite
    53 Posts
    10 Posts
    can anyone tell us about their experiences on this product. is it quite quick to transfer into?

I initiated a transfer on 6/3/2009 by going into the branch with my transfer form. I am transferring from a defunct Icesave ISA - the funds of which are currently sat in a NatWest e-savings account - so I reqd my reinstatement certificate. OK.

Almost 4 weeks later and I have heard nothing! I have tried to chase this up several times but have so far gotten no-where!

I would have thought this would have been a relatively simple transfer, as there is no other bank to deal with! But the transfer form does not contain the exact details of where the money should be transferred from (ie. my NatWest e-savings acc) - I was told (in person) that the e-ISA people would contact me in a couple of days to get this additional information.

In addition, I found the application process to be seriously flawed. This product never used to allow transfers in - this changed a couple of months or so ago. However, they did not update the online application process which forced the applicant to specify an initial deposit even though you might be transferring in the entire balance from another ISA, in which you had already contributed fully in the current tax year - so by law cannot contribute any more.

Needless to say, my experiences with this product are not good! And (for me) if the transfer process doesn't go through by 5th April I'm going to lose my ISA entitlement!
  • BaldurBaldur Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    WhiteSpace wrote: »
    And (for me) if the transfer process doesn't go through by 5th April I'm going to lose my ISA entitlement!
    The date for Icesave transfers has been extended to 5th October - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1597513
  • WhiteSpaceWhiteSpace Forumite
    53 Posts
    10 Posts
    Baldur wrote: »
    The date for Icesave transfers has been extended to 5th October...

Brilliant! Thanks for that - I was unaware.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals