Credit card refunds - will banks know if a refund has been submitted to bank?

Options
Hi,

I have a big refund which should be coming to my credit card, which is LTSB's Airmiles Duo.

I read from elsewhere that this company can be a bit slow in processing people's refunds (can sometimes take up to months), I do received a confirmation e-mail from them saying that it will be processed in 7 working days, the time has passed but it still hasn't arrived back in my card.

Now,
1)When you make a payment, LTSB knows way in advance that the transaction has occured, before it shows up on the statement. Does LTSB have the capability to do so with refunds as well? (Just because calling the company concerned can take hours and I prefer not to call them if I can)

2) If the refund isn't processed after a certain time, can I contact LTSB, showing them the confirmation e-mail about the refund, and ask LTSB to chase the funds back for me, instead of dealing with the company concerned?

Thanks!

Comments

• gulife
    gulife Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    Quick answer - No to all of the above.

I am afraid you will have to deal with the company direct.

If your refund hasn't been processed within 28 days however, then you should raise a chargeback, and provide the evidence to your credit card company, with proof that the company was supposed to refund you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure