Credit card agreement

Options
Hi All

This is my first post although I have viewed the forum for a long time.

I was wondering if anyone could please advise me about my MBNA credit card.

I have been trying since Nov to obtain a copy of my original signed credit agreement as I know that i've never signed one and they are being a real pain in the backside.

I followed the advice on this forum to write to them and give them 5 days to send it or they would have to write off the debt. They came back within 3 days but sent an on line print out with a few ticks in boxes from when the application was made on line. With my other credit card they sent an agreement to sign and return after my on line application but MBNA never did.

Can anyone please tell me if this is valid without my actual signature on? I would really love to be able to tell them to stick it but if this is valid, the box is NOT checked to agree to PPI yet they charged me for this for 2 years so I assume that they would have to refund that if this is a valid agreement?

Thanks

Comments

• egfinal
    Options
    Hi Aron

My husband had just lost his job and we were weeks away from getting married so he applied on line with Virgin (MBNA).

He just entered all the details and they sent us our cards with a £2500 limit but no agreement. That was 2006 so they gave us 2 cards with no agreement and him not having a job. (i was only an additional card holder so it's all in his name).

They have been charging us a fortune, making us make extra payments EVERY month on top of everything else they bring the limit down each month so it always shows us as over the limit.

One of the check boxes said take this as my signature??? but shouldn't they still have sent an agreement for him to sign for real?
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    When you tick the box on an MBNA online application that acts as your signature. The same practice is used by a lot of CC companies now.
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Most credit cards today use electronic signatures and electronic address and ID verification methods in order to speed up the process of your credit card delivery.
    Although I applied online with Ulster Bank (RBS) I still had to sign a credit agreement - not a problem, at least both customer and supplier have a clear understanding of each other then. ;)
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure