Best Credit Card for £6k abroad?

Options
Hi, l am getting married in Cyprus in July. l can either pay for the wedding before l go but for added security l am going to pay for it when we are there and think using a credit card would be the best option instead of cash or using my visa. l do have good credit and have never had a credit card previously, was thinking of getting a 0% for as long as l can and will then pay off the balance in full. Any suggestions for the best card or way to go about this? Thanks, Rich

Comments

• Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    Do you have any other credit agreements?
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • RichWrexham
    Options
    Out of my current account, l only pay out my for my car (just over £100) and car insurance (just over £20).......never had any credit cards though. Got a mortgage and everything that comes with it out of a joint account with my girlfriend.
  • RichWrexham
    Options
    l work for Royal Mail and the Post Office have a colleague offer available which is as follows,

0% on balance for the first 15 months (extra 3 months compared to public)
    0% on purchases for 6 months (extra 3 months compared to public)
    0% commission on purchases overseas

Has anyone had any experience with this card? Is there better offerings out there?
  • apt
    apt Posts: 3,190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My Post Office card is fine and is the best option for overseas spending. The only thing to be wary about is that you have to use it either for a balance transfer or purchases - not both - as any repayments will be taken off the balance transfer rather than the purchases.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure