🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Apply now, or wait a month or two?

Options
Hi,

I have a 0% BT card (Barclaycard) which ends at the end of June, and would like to open a new card and transfer the balance there, again at 0%.

I have been looking at the market, but would appreciate your thoughts on whether to open the Virgin account I have chosen (0% for 15 months) now, or whether to wait for another month or so closer to the end of my current term?

Waiting would obviously give me longer at 0% in the long term, but would it be a risk as the current deals could disappear soon, due to the financial climate?

I guess applying now might not make a difference, as they may reduce the term to 14 months in April, so applying now wouldn't lose me any time?

What do you think?

Thanks,

Ian

Comments

• ---lee---
    ---lee--- Posts: 921 Forumite
    Options
    It sounds like you've done your homework. Virgin MBNA is a good choice. I would apply in plenty of time - would April be soon enough? There are other long term 0% deals (http://www.stoozing.com/0fees.php) - it seems unlikely they would all be withdrawn at the same time. Abbey should be your last resort as they can be very slow/problamatic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport