In Credit Credit Card - How do I get my Money Back

Options
I have a Abbey National Credit card, and ive paid off more than I owed. I am now in credit by £158

Trouble is trying to get this back without incurring a charge. I know I could purchase items to this value, but id rather have it in my bank account.

Does anyone know how this might be done??

Cheers

Comments

• nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    Options
    You have to ring them and get them to send you a cheque - I don't think there's another way.
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ..............And by the time the cheque arrives and clears in your account you probably might as well spend it on the card!
  • Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    How did this arise?

Credit cards - other than Egg Money - are not designed to carry a positive balance. Most lenders are relaxed about one-off modest amounts that arise temporarily (due to a refund, for instance, or making a one-off manual payment too close to your direct debit payment date), but some card provider's Ts & Cs (including Abbey) specifically prohibit payments/balance transfers that place the account in credit.

As above, the easiest way is to spend your way out of this prdicament ;)
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I paid a credit card in error just last week via online banking, didn't notice until too late that the payee was wrong then as it was old numbers I had used they couldn't find the payment on my account. However got it sorted over the phone and they will send out a cheque for the balance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure