I am not dead

Options
Please could anyone advise on this matter.

Egg stopped taking payments for my credit card and this went unnoticed until I tried to open another bank account and after much scouring of my credit file found that Egg had applied a special status of DECEASED.

Having been made aware of this I have contacted Egg and they are apparently able to correct the file but will apply 18mths worth of interest.

I can't see how they can do this as it was an error made on thier part.

In addition to this after reassuring me on htree separate occasions that it would be corrected within 5 working days it has now been months and my credit file is still showing me to be DECEASED, and still unable to open the bank account. forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifCredit Report Click link to open in new window.
forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif
gal_register('gal_7_2044230', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0');

Comments

• pebblespop
    pebblespop Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    Options
    ring egg and find out what is going on. they should be able to bring you back to life!
  • epsilondraconis
    Options
    Firstly, congratulations on being alive.

If I were you, I would contact them with the following. Say that 18 months ago you tried to pay off the whole of your credit card but there was a problem with your internet connection and so you then contacted egg to ask if the account had been settled. Tell them that you were told that there was nothing else that needed to be done. Say that you assumed that the person meant that the payment had gone through and everything was okay. You could state that you were paying it from a little used account that you have and that you haven't checked it since to notice that the money hadn't left the account.

Finish the communication by asking for compensation from egg for all of the stress involved in this sorry affair. After all, it is not every day that you are told that you have died.

Also confirm that no black marks will be left on your credit file.

If they don't agree with your proposal, tell that that you will go around and haunt them, because after all, you're dead.

Good luck.
  • gomer
    gomer Posts: 1,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't think encouraging the OP to knowingly commit fraud by lying is very sensible. Obviously they need further advice on this & thier local CAB may be the best place to start because this is a complicated issue that needs to be handled carefully as somewhere along the line some seriously false information has been fed to the bank & it needs proper investigation, for a start they would have needed proof the client was dead to be able to put that on the credit file so they obviously believed beyond doubt that the client was indeed dead for this to have happened..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure