Capital One Suckers.....

Options
Capital one are in the process of giving me a cradit card..... with a limit of 2.5k.....:j
I am going to cancel it Monday.......
What on earth were they thinkin, giving someone who is out of work a credit card....... :P
Someone could very well take advantage if they were desperate enough.
To travel at the speed of light, one must first become light.....

Comments

• PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Reported to MSE abuse.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • TheEffect
    TheEffect Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If that was me, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I just flunked 2K on a holiday.

Is it really worth the hassle? Get a job, save up and pay for your own luxuries like every other tax payer on here.
  • tomsolomon
    tomsolomon Posts: 3,613 Forumite
    Options
    Wow I've only been out of work a few weeks and already I'm a dole scrounger...... Thanks for the title, it will go well with the rest of my titles at the bottom of the screen.
  • PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tomsolomon wrote: »
    Wow I've only been out of work a few weeks and already I'm a dole scrounger...... Thanks for the title, it will go well with the rest of my titles at the bottom of the screen.
    Tom, there is not an issue of you being out of work, sorry you are in this position but can you honestly think that posting a pre-empted theft from a credit card company is going to help you?
    I have reported it for your own good so it can be deleted, I have read your posts on the techi forum and this just does not fit your character, you seem a good guy and have contributed some helpful stuff- what the hell are you thinking man?
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • tomsolomon
    Options
    I'm havin a bad day.....:D
    Just got refused yet another job.......:mad:
    Some two bit receptionist with a typing certificate, at a recruitment agency, told me I didn't have the relevant experience to work at a call centre.
  • PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm havin a bad day.....:D
    Just got refused yet another job.......:mad:
    Look Tom, don't let it grind you down, there is plenty of work in the IT industry, I get emails everyday about loads of IT jobs across the UK, I am not looking for a job because I have one - I think I told you before I work as an IT Manager prior to that I was a techy for a bit, no vacancies at the moment but then travelling to Newcastle every day would be a bit awkward for you if live across either one of the three boarders.
    Have you tried computer futures? I have dealt with them and they are forever pestering me to look at CV's, they seem to have allot of work on at the moment.
    Do us a favour; just edit that first post of yours.....good man.
    P.S you can talk to any of the lads/lasses on her mate, we are all here to help at the end of the day.;)
  • tomsolomon
    Options
    I'm seriously thinking of throwing the last three years away, and risking my back, and going back into the building industry.....:confused:
    If my back goes again maybe I can claim some sort of insurance or something.
  • PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm seriously thinking of throwing the last three years away, and risking my back, and going back into the building industry.....:confused:
    If my back goes again maybe I can claim some sort of insurance or something.
    I take it you enjoy IT work Tom?
    You could find some temp work with an agency, but if you have a dodgy back mate I wouldn't risk dammaging it any further, if I was you, I would get some sort of ASU (Accident, Sickness and Unemployment) policy so if you do hurt your back and can't work at least you will get enough money payed out to live off.
  • tomsolomon
    Options
    PROLIANT wrote: »
    I take it you enjoy IT work Tom?

I have been working with personal computers since the early 80's, when I got a ZX81. Since then I have used Spectums, BBC's, commodore's and the old Amstrad 386's, I have used near enough every OS from '95 up. So yea I would say its in my blood pretty much.
    The film I would say inspired me the most was Johnny Mnemonic, when Keano Reaves had that virtual 3D holographic workspace. After that its Independence day when Geoff Goldblum says "You would be supprised what a TV repair man can do," as he hacks his way into the White House GPRS system.
  • PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have been working with personal computers since the early 80's, when I got a ZX81. Since then I have used Spectums, BBC's, commodore's and the old Amstrad 386's, I have used near enough every OS from '95 up. So yea I would say its in my blood pretty much.
    The film I would say inspired me the most was Johnny Mnemonic, when Keano Reaves had that virtual 3D holographic workspace. After that its Independence day when Geoff Goldblum says "You would be supprised what a TV repair man can do," as he hacks his way into the White House GPRS system.
    Oh yes, a classic in its own right!
    Remeber Hackers? Angelina Jolie in her younger days, she was fine then and still makes me drool! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure