🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Bank of scotland ONE joint card

Options
Have just applied for and received a joint card for my wife (BOS ONE Mastercard).

However when I received my own card( I am the account holder) there was a sticker on it saying I had to call to activate the card, this card in my wifes name on the joint account does not have any such sticker on it.

Question is, should I need to activate it before use?

Comments

• never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    Have just applied for and received a joint card for my wife (BOS ONE Mastercard).

However when I received my own card( I am the account holder) there was a sticker on it saying I had to call to activate the card, this card in my wifes name on the joint account does not have any such sticker on it.

Question is, should I need to activate it before use?

Nope, its valid as it is an extention of your card. It is not a joint account.

It is ready to use.

Credit Cards do not come in joint names, you are main a/c holder and the wife is additional cardholder. You share the limit etc....
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • generaloneill
    Options
    Nope, its valid as it is an extention of your card. It is not a joint account.

It is ready to use.

Credit Cards do not come in joint names, you are main a/c holder and the wife is additional cardholder. You share the limit etc....

Thanks, we figured as much, just needed confirmation.
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, we figured as much, just needed confirmation.

yup, thats it mate - let her loose in the shops hehe :beer:
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business