Tesco Club Card Mastercard and Section 75 Claim

Options
hi - just wondering if anyone has had any issues with claiming under S75 for goods not provided via Tesco Clubcard Mastercard. I paid for an item costing £111 and teh company went bust I contacted TCC and they sent a form, then they sent another form, and then they sent another. Their letters say that they are looking to see if they have a claim - I said well good luck with that but I would like my account credited with £111 so far nothing but silence. I called the call centre and (surprise) "the person dealing with your claim has gone home" - I said never mind it is all in the file and it's a simple S75 claim - "I'm not trained to deal in S75 they will call you back" . they didn't and I haven't heard from them.

Question for the forum is - is this typical ? how do I escalate ? how long would it normally take - this has been going on since January ? any views ? thanks Rhona

Comments

• dazza.mk
    dazza.mk Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    To escalate follow their complaints process:

http://www.tescofinance.com/personal/finance/help/complaints-process.html

This in itself could take upto 8 weeks

If they are still fobbing you off your choices are to:

1. Take them to the small claims court (not dependant on the 8 weeks, but you may find the judge less favourable if you don't give them a chance to ansawer)

2. Take them to the Financial Ombudsman (requires you to have exhausted the Tesco Complaints process ie 8 weeks investigation time)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure