🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Halifax Credit Card Balance Payment?

Options
Hi, i went into a Halifax branch last saturday & paid 3k in cash towards my Halifax credit card debt over the counter.
Today i have been told that the payment, even though it was cash & through a Halifax branch will take until next monday to clear.
Thats over 6 working days! more that paying by cheque!

Is this correct, i cannot find anywhere in the T&C's about cash payments of my account?

Im amazed that cash takes longer to clear than any other payment method.
chaps £20k out KE 06/10 in A&L 06/10 same day

Comments

• co123456
    co123456 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    That's a bit rough. I paid my balance using a Halifax debit card and 48 hours later, the cash was received.
  • mcaulayr
    mcaulayr Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just looked at the payment options, if u pay at a halifax or bank of scotland , paymant should be madeat least 4 working days before the due date .
    so they are saying that it is 4 working days for payment to be complete , hope this helps
  • Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    jingle68 wrote: »
    I went into a Halifax branch last Saturday & paid 3k in cash towards my Halifax credit card debt over the counter. Today, I have been told that the payment will take until next Monday to clear. That's over 6 working days, more than paying by cheque! Is this correct? I cannot find anywhere in the T&C's about cash payments to my account. I'm amazed that cash takes longer to clear than any other payment method.

Paying over the counter, whether by cash or cheque, takes longer than most other methods of payment.

Most providers ask you to allow 4-5 working days. The time required is normally shown on the back of monthly statements.
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport