Vanquis Declined My Application

Options
Well Well,

The whole credit thing seems a bit odd to me??

Firstly I was discharged from bankruptcy last september.
But managed to get proper finance to change my car in december:j OK the APR was a bit steep but nothing like welcome charge and I could choose where I bought the car from. So the big Q is if I am cleared by a finance company for £2.5K why the heck wont vanquis give me a card with £250.00 limit and a monthly DD from the bank.

It gets better, I have also been credit checked for a new laptop with mobile broadband. Now I actually watched the order process on line and saw it go from awaiting CC to CC passed !!! Now whats all that about.:confused:

Any ideas please, 0h I have appealed and asked vanquis to have a closer look at my file.

The Jagman

Comments

• robin_banks
    robin_banks Posts: 15,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It could you've applied for a number of products in fairly quick sucession.
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading tvv@t".

!!!!!! is all that about?
  • Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    It could you've applied for a number of products in fairly quick sucession.

Seems unlikely as I had 30 searches and Vanquis accepted me!
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The car loan is probably at a high apr, and it sounds like you don't meet Vanquis's scoring criteria yet with the BR...
  • Thejagman
    Thejagman Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    No the APR is not that bad given my circumstances, has anyone here appealed against a refusal from vanquis or any other sub prime cc provider and got anywhere with it. They did say give us another go in six months but that seems to come as standard with a declined application i think.

Oh well just have to wait and see what happens next. I am very keen to rebuild my credit rating asap.

The Jagman
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    Thejagman wrote: »
    No the APR is not that bad given my circumstances, has anyone here appealed against a refusal from vanquis or any other sub prime cc provider and got anywhere with it. They did say give us another go in six months but that seems to come as standard with a declined application i think.

Oh well just have to wait and see what happens next. I am very keen to rebuild my credit rating asap.

The Jagman

Hi The Jagman,

I have heard of some people successfully appealing Vanquis however I read earlier that if you appeal Vanquis they may add a cifas to your file.

Good Luck anyway keep us updated
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000

• Thejagman
    Thejagman Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    What is a CIFAS ????????? please.:confused: and can the doctor give me something for it ??:rotfl:
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    What is a CIFAS ????????? please.:confused: and can the doctor give me something for it ??:rotfl:

Hi there!

http://www.cifas.org.uk/default.asp?edit_id=564-28

See the above link - The doctor unfortunatly cannot treat it and it is a pain in the as$ :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

• sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Oh God, not more CIFAS problems.

Have you checked your credit files?
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    sutton111 wrote: »
    Oh God, not more CIFAS problems.

Have you checked your credit files?

I was speaking to NID earlier and from what I gathered he was saying that a few people who have appealed vanquis have ended up with cifas.....

• sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Christ!!

There would have to be a reason for them to give you a CIFAS. Possibly they would look at your credit file closer which the computer may not have done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure