🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Credit Card Claims

Options
I have been approached by a couple of companies who say that they might be able to write off credit card debts that were set up between April 2001 and April 2007 and under £25000. They say that the credit card could be unenforceable and therefore possibly void!!! They want £199 to look into it but if it doesn't work they say they will refund you in full. Has anyone come across this!! Any advice gratefully received.

Comments

• Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    This question turns up time and again on this board, yet nobody ever comes forward to report any results using these services.

There are a growing number of companies claiming they can get credit card debts written off, so why no success stories?

Without testimonials, which are independently corroborated, I would steer well clear.
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    Options
    Please see this thread, where this has been discussed extensively:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1400177

But first, read this BBC story on the subject:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7894840.stm
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport