Finding details of old Egg offers

Options
Hi all,

I made a big transfer to my Egg card last September in response to a leaflet that came through the post offering 0% on balance transfers (I thought).

Checking back through statements, I've found they're charging interest at the full 16.9% and have been since September!

Try as I might, I can't find any details of the offer online, and of course I've thrown away the leaflet.

Does anyone know of a way of checking (preferably with an independent body rather than Egg) what that offer actually was? I've spoken to Egg and of course they deny there was ever such an offer, but I can't believe I misread the terms at the time as I'm very careful about such things.

Thanks in anticipation!

Comments

• financial_warrior
    Options
    Do you not have your original credit agreement, when you opened the account? That should detail any introductory offers.
  • sarahs999
    sarahs999 Posts: 3,751 Forumite
    Options
    If youdon't have a copy of your credit agreement, ask egg for one. They have to provide it.
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your credit agreement is available to view online, as are the T&C's applicable to your card.

Are you sure the leaflet wasn't an offer for NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY that you attempted to apply to your existing account? :confused:
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure