Credit Card Payments??? Help!

Options
Hey Everyone

Just needed some advice. I have 2 credit cards

1) Capital One Classic Card - With Outstanding balance of £268 (Credit Limit is £250) (Has Payment protection insurance)

2) Vanquis - With outstanding balance of £240 (Credit Limit is £200) (No insurance)

Basically I am on SSP and currently all my wages are spoken for, with a payment included to each credit card for just £10 each per month, well I am struggling because I am over my limit on both and keep incurring charges at £12 a time.

I phone Vanquis and said I am willing to pay £10 a month on a payment plan and they refused and said they can't because the account is no literally in arrears, so I said so you are basically going to charge me £12 a time (2 times in a month) because I can't meet the minium payment and you are not going to help me either and they basically said yes as long as you can afford £10 and the arrears aint that much, we can't help you.

Then I phoned Capital one and said the same thing and they said well you do have payment protection on the card, so you can claim for them to pay that for you, which is ok and in the process of doing, but they still asked for the over amount and the minium payment of £20, which I haven't got and basically told them I can pay them just £10 and they said the same thing as Vanquis.

Just looking for some advice, does the payment protection pay the over limit for you??? Can tey refuse £10 a month as I have offered them sort kind of payment?? Shall I write explaining my situation??

Please help if you can

Thanks xx
Married the love of my life on 1st October 2011

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business