New to this and feel a bit lost

louisa29louisa29 Forumite
41 Posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
i'm approx 20k in debt. i only earn £800 a month take home and not sure how to get out of my mess, i have a couple of ccjs too.
At the moment i'm thinking of using a debt management program and would like some recommendations or advice about what would be best for me to do

thank you

Replies

• cccs and national debtline are free
  • Hi Louisa

Welcome to the forum
    louisa29 wrote: »
    i'm thinking of using a debt management program
    Take a look at my signature ;)
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • Grab a cup of tea and fill out your SOA as a starting point, but looks like you will need to take some advice from somewhere ( see sticky at top of page). Lots of folk will come by to help, possibly need to keep upping the post as it's Saturday night.
    There is always an answer - usually means having to make some changes in the way we live our lives but we still get to live life to the full but in a DFW kind of way!
    Getting there...slowly! :D

GC : must do better
    NSD: very rare

No matter how slow I go I am lapping everyone on the couch.
  • louisa29louisa29 Forumite
    41 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    thanks everyone you've been extremely welcoming i'm very proud of you on the road to recovery btw xx hope to join you soon :T
  • Louisa, Can't really offer any ideas but you will find plenty of help and support on here.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals