Huge Lips Skinny Hips - waste of money

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
13 replies 2.9K views
beautyscientistbeautyscientist Forumite
156 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
I don't imagine that serious money savers would shop at SpaceNK anyway, although I think that they do have some good products.

But whatever you do do not waste your money on their lip gloss that is claimed to help you lose weight. It won't work and you will be poorer.

http://colinsbeautypages.co.uk/big-lips-skinny-hips/
Student of the science of beauty

Replies

• VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy penalties should be applied to those that make unscientific claims.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Heavy penalties should be applied to those that make unscientific claims.

The ASA police this sort of thing in adverts and generally do a pretty good job in my humble opinion. They don't seem to cover PR though, so you get puff pieces like the one about this product in the Daily Mail which can only be countered by blogging about them.
  • it really does sound farfetched as well, that a lipgloss would help to lose weight - what's it meant to do, burn your lips off so you never eat again:?!
  • RoseFairy wrote: »
    it really does sound farfetched as well, that a lipgloss would help to lose weight - what's it meant to do, burn your lips off so you never eat again:?!

There is a story but it is so weak I can't be bothered to rebut it. You don't need to be a cosmetic scientist to see it is rubbish. I am greatly encouraged to read the comments on the Daily Mail puff piece about it from members of the public. It has been met with complete derision. Well done people, you have restored my faith in people's common sense.
  • I have just noticed that my blog post is number 2 in Google for the keywords Huge Lips Skinny Hips. No wonder I am getting so many visits. I bet SpaceNK are loving me!
  • I have just noticed that my blog post is number 2 in Google for the keywords Huge Lips Skinny Hips. No wonder I am getting so many visits. I bet SpaceNK are loving me!

My blog post has now vanished from Google entirely. This must be the result of some action on the part of SpaceNK to keep my poor review out of sight. It just goes to show, you have to bear in mind with search engine results that there is an army of people trying to manipulate the results to their advantage.
  • It is back on page one again now - and I have now been contacted by the American woman behind it. I had assumed that it was something SpaceNK had developed themselves but it looks like they are buying it in from another company.
  • LorianLorian Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does it contain cyanoacrylate :D
  • TaadaaTaadaa Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Lorian wrote: »
    Does it contain cyanoacrylate :D

What is that?
    I have had many Light Bulb Moments. The trouble is someone keeps turning the bulb off :o

1% over payments on cc 3.5/100 (March 2014)
  • I haven't seen an ingredient list yet. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it contained some kind of acrylic polymer but I have never seen cyanoacrylates used in a mainstream cosmetic yet. The last time I came across them was in a medical product for use in surgery.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides