Goodwood Festival of Speed - 2009

Hi

Has anyone been to a previous festival of speed?

I am thinking about going as part of a week trip away, from Leeds its a long way!

£48 per person for a Sunday ticket - Timed Competition day, seems to be the best day.

£48 for Sat ticket and £33 for Friday, a weekend ticket is also available at £103 but a little bit too much tbh.

Any reviews, thoughts, advice?

It looks like the times subcription offer for free tickets has also ended which is a shame as that would have been the best bet from now until 31st March -ish

Cheers

Ben
I beep for Robins - Beep Beep
& Choo Choo for trains!!

Comments

• Dunc6
    Dunc6 Posts: 59 Forumite
    I have been twice.

The first time we stayed in Butlins in Bognor, as we got a good deal. We went to the FOS on Sunday and found it very busy. It was very hot and sunny, we took our own food and drinks. Sunday is the day all the celebrities attend and all of F1 teams.

The second time we went we stayed in Basingstoke and drove down on the Friday. We got the free tickets from the Times. The weather was not as good as previously and we had a couple of showers. It was still fairly busy but there were not as many cars there.

If I go again I will probably go on the Sunday and would book one of the grandstands. If you do not book a grandstand I would recommend taking a blanket to sit on as you can claim your area on the hill, as it gets very crowded..
  • I've been a few times but just for the Friday as the Sunday Times usually gives tickets away for free for the Friday only. It is a fantastic event, one day really isn't long enough though. If your coming from Leeds you could get the free tickets for Friday (they normally give two per reader) from the Times and either Saturday or Sunday - if you get Sunday only you could spend Saturday seeing the sites of Sussex.. If you buy Saturday and Sunday it's not a lot cheaper than just buying the full w/e ticket.
    If you like cars you will love the festival of speed, it is a great experience.
    Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport