Boston in October - when to buy?

Options
Hoping to go to Boston in October, at the moment the cheapest direct flights are with BA for 2adults and 2 children are about £1270 with the current £20 off longhaul flights (even not direct it was £1250)... Now what are is my chance of getting these flights cheaper if I wait a while - I'm pretty sure I could have book similar this year for about £1100 if I booked in August time.

The flights I'd be looking at are from London Heathrow -> Boston 18th October returning 31st October. Ideally I'd like to get the flights for nearer the easter flight prices of about £950 for the four of us!

Comments

• monkeyspanner
    Options
    Most of the US deals around at the moment are for travel up to the end of March. American also have deals for November. October is end of peak summer/fall season with Boston being the choice for many "Leaf Peepers". The BA price you have is fairly typical for departures in October but drops back to about £1000 for 4 from 1st November onwards. You may have to wait and hope the airlines have capacity they wish to sell off later in the year.
  • Meeten
    Meeten Posts: 236 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I went at exactly the same time in 2004.
    What a great place!

I was informed by a v good friend of mine (travel agent for 15yrs) that it is best to book early, I did so, and from memory, was glad that i did, as there was reduced availability nearer the time, and inevitably, the price had increased.

Also, bear in mind, any increase in fuel levy (can easily happen) will also be a consideration ....
    One day I want to be the pigeon...... and not the statue!
  • polarbearit
    Options
    Yeah - still undecided...

Looks like the BA offer is a pain as it needs another £25ea not to leave boston at 8:15am (so checking in in the early hours!)
  • monkeyspanner
    Options
    We have taken the early Boston flight several times and it works out well as you can get back into UK time more easily and you arrive back in the UK at a reasonable time for onward travel. As for check in you can check in online up to 24hours prior to your flight to save some time and the airport is only 15minutes from the city.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure