We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Advice on single parents holiday, (1 x adult + 1 x child @ 12yrs old) in Spain/Greece

Options
2»

Comments

• GIRLPOWER_2
    GIRLPOWER_2 Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Options
    Lots of single parents when we went to taurus park, la paneda, spain last year.. was very good thomson superfamily hotel and very reasonable.
  • sloppychops
    sloppychops Posts: 6,742 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Your a gem Girlpower,i normally look at Thomson Superfamily but forgot all about it this time.

Flights
    Out
    Depart Luton
    25/07/06, 21:30
    Arrive Gerona
    26/07/06, 00:30

Return
    Depart Gerona
    02/08/06, 04:40
    Arrive Luton
    02/08/06, 05:50

Golden Taurus Park Hotel 3star+
    Duration 7 nights
    Board Basis Half Board

Price
    £798.00 Basic Adult Price (x2)
    £0.00 Transfers (x2)
    £18.00 Flight Meals (x2)
    £40.00 Fuel Supplement (x2)
    £856.00 Total
    £-60.00 On-line Booking Discount (x2)
    £796.00 Total

https://www.thomsonbeach.co.uk Superfamily brochure
    "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
  • alanjuk
    alanjuk Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You could always try these people. I’ve never tried them but I’ve looked at their site many times. I too am a single Dad but I’m scared that I would be outnumbered by all the single mums :o
  • sloppychops
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just looked at that website Alan and they look really expensive holidays.Its much cheaper to actually organise a DIY holiday.
    "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
  • alanjuk
    alanjuk Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just looked at that website Alan and they look really expensive holidays.Its much cheaper to actually organise a DIY holidays.
    Yes I usually do the DIY thing but sometimes I think It would be nice to go with a crowd of people as It's not always that easy to meet people when going as a single parent. (that said my daughter has no problems making friends)
  • sloppychops
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes i see your point but when your on a budget(thats the whole point of this website,money saving) these holidays are expensive compared to others that are available.
    But a nice idea if you can afford it.
  • chriseeboy
    Options
    Thank you for all the posts. Especially to 'sloppychops'. Thank you I shall investigate them all.

Kind regards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport