🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

returning gifts ?

Options
i had an unwanted xmas gift, bought from debenhams and given to me with the 'gift receipt', i was under impression that this would enable me to get a cash refund but i was informed at the till that could only be given giftcard to the same value, should I have insisted on refund and what is the legal situation is in retuning goods , thank you

Comments

• ellies_angel
    Options
    I would expect you would only be entitled to a cash refund if the item was damaged or faulty.
    The gift recept ensures that you get the full price paid for the item and not the after Christmas sale price.
    :rotfl: l love this site!! :rotfl:
  • kat212
    kat212 Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    I would expect you would only be entitled to a cash refund if the item was damaged or faulty.
    The gift recept ensures that you get the full price paid for the item and not the after Christmas sale price.

That is correct, you can only get a gift card of exchange it, you have no right for a refund unless its faulty
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport