Money lost through company's liquidation...please help!!

Good Morning everyone...and a belated Merry Christmas!

I just wondered if anyone could offer any advice....I brought a wardrobe and a mirror from a reputable company back in October at a cost of £312. After waiting 9 weeks for delivery, the company has now gone into liquidation and I have no hope of getting my order.

I paid using my debit card (trying to not get into debt) so I am not covered for the loss. I have written to the liquidators to get in the queue for any kind of compensation...but I am not holding out much hope.

Does anyone have any other thoughts on anything else I can do to try and get some money back?! I can't afford to loose £312!!!

Thank you!

Comments

• Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If you paid be debit card if it was Visa there is some protection but it has to be Visa and within 120 days of ordering

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/7593369.stm

Visa debit card
    A Visa debit card offers significantly better protection for shoppers. Their scheme is called Visa Debit Chargeback and any bank that issues a Visa debit card has to comply with the scheme.
    You can claim money back if the goods you buy are damaged, or the product or services are not delivered.
    There is no limit on what you can claim. But you have to claim within 120 days of the date you expected the goods to be delivered or the firm going bust.

If you didnt pay by Visa debit then you will be classed as a creditor and unfortunately at the bottom of the pile to getting paid.

Always pay for large value items greater than £100 on credit card

Sorry
  • Thank you Antispam....unfortunately it was a Maestro card, so no luck. Appreciate your advice though!
  • jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi poor_and_happy?

Sorry to hear your news. If you are looking for ways to make back your £300 then have a read of the Boost Your Income article which has some very good ideas in there.
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport