Need some help here....

Hi,

First I will explain my current Situation. Work full time 37hours a week for minimum wage well £6
After tax £188 per week.
I currently was working for 22k per year, however they had to make cut backs.
My current job is keeping me going until I find something else, however this is proving very hard at the current time.

I live alone, so with rent, bills, council tax, etc I am struggling.
I have read around the site, I live on the bare minimum right now so that each penny I earn is going towards only the things I need. I can not get a part time evening job as I have a lot of commitment with my brother, long story.

However I do have spare time in the evenings and weekends, I just never know when.

So I wanted to earn some extra income online right now. I have sold on ebay before, however currently have nothing that needs selling.

Even £30 extra a week would be a great help.

Anybody have any good advice.
I do not mind putting the work in and time in.
I can probably give around 20hours per week.

I think I have a job offer available in April. So If I can stay out of the red until then I would be very very happy. I have just paid of my student overdraft and have no debt, so I would love to stay that way.

Any advice would be great :money:

Comments

• Not too sure what to suggest ref getting additional work without knowing if you have additional skills (eg web design) but you could look at the other threads in this forum eg the "Slice The Pie" thread just below this.

One thing that did occur - have you looked to see if there any benefits/ relief you can claim if you are on minimum wage? - you may be able to get help - especially if you are a carer i.e looking after your brother.

One other thought (I'm no employment expert) but I didn't think it was possible to force people to take a pay-cut? unless the alternative was redundancy?

Be very wary of pyramid or sales type schemes - check the boards here 1st and see if the company has a good rep...

Good luck with boosting the income! :-)

PS I know this is obvoius but I would look to be finding other, better paid full time work as a priority - don't want to end on a downer but the job offer in April may not come through in these uncertain times so don't bank on it!
  • wileycat
    wileycat Posts: 2,285
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Look at survey and cashback sites, not an instant income, but within 2 months it will start paying out enough to keep you going..£30-£50 a month is easily possible.
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial]Affiliate, or reseller programs, are a great way to earn money on the Internet. But it's not simply a matter of pasting up a few banners. Here are some tips on gaining the confidence of your visitors so they will feel comfortable with making the click, and ultimately the purchase.[/FONT]
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial]Affiliate, or reseller programs, are a great way to earn money on the Internet. But it's not simply a matter of pasting up a few banners. Here are some tips on gaining the confidence of your visitors so they will feel comfortable with making the click, and ultimately the purchase.[/FONT]

can of anybody?? Website address in sig??
  • Forex is actually a VERY difficult way to make money, I know as my ex-BF tried it.

In your position, I would concentrate on looking for a new job. Do you have a spare room you could rent out?
  • Sounds like a difficult situation. Just some random thoughts that may be of some use.

1. Living alone is expensive and maybe you can't afford it right now. Consider (just start by considering) moving into a room in a shared house. If you find two or three relatively similar likeminded folk it might be a really good experience too. At the very least it should be considerably cheaper.

2. Making money online - it is challenging. Forex is silly, don't bother with online trading and that malarky, it's for !!!!!!s with money to lose. However if you have skills that might be sellable that look at elance perhaps (just google 'elance'). People will pay to have a bod to do stuff for them BUT be aware that people sell their time very cheaply on there and it does seem to be very competitive. Look at the website from a buyers perspective first before wasting loads of time on getting into it just to find you're not competitive.

3. Definitely look for a new job and maybe be willing to look further afield? If you don't have a car would having one open up better opportunities? What about spending the time upskilling yourself? Ie brushing up your numeracy or literacy skills or looking for some job related qualification that might open up new jobs.

Best of luck mate, these forums are generally good for advice and support.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure