The Great Energy Company Rip Off!!!

Options
We currently have our gas/electric with EON on a capped rate until Oct 09 paying £80 per month up until Nov 08 and were £55 in credit.

I decided to give EON a call to get the £55 credited back to me (my interest not theirs) - the lady at EON stated that if I decided to get the £55 credited back to me my payments would need to increase to £131 a month, she stated because its the winter months ahead and your useage for the same time last year is taken into consideration. At this point I stated I know energy prices have increased but if I pay what you suggest, £131 a month I would use twice as much gas/electric as last year which isn't going to happen.Surprise surprise she then states if I leave myself in credit the payments would be £115.

A couple of days later receive letter from EON stating new direct debit will be £115. Because I like to manage my account online I log onto the EON site go to the direct debit page and this states my new payment will be £92!!!!.Decided to give EON a call again to ask why £92 online when you stated £115 two days earlier.The gentleman had a look and said we can get your payment down to £96.......so far we have had £131, £115, £92, and £96.

A couple of days later received a letter from EON stating new direct debit will be £96....fine I thought!!!

Received another letter from EON about 10 days later then above stating my new direct debit will be £88 - just looked online and direct debit states £90

So thats £131, £115, £92, £96, £90 and £88 all in the space of a couple of weeks.

Is it worth taking this to the ombudsman for incompetence on behalf of EON???
I mean I have heard of loan sharks but didn't realise energy company sharks do exist. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure