Larger family holidays 2 adults 6 kids

Options
Can any one give me ideas for holidays with larger families? I have been looking at villas in Portugal Estoril/ Cascais area. I am interested ini going by eurotunnel has any one used this and what is it like? I am struggling with finding places for such a large family.
We have 6 boys aged 14 12 10 10 6 and 3
Julie

Comments

• Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Where are you wanting to fly from and how long do you wish to go for and when, do you have specific dates? Just having a look for you just now to see what there is.

Couldn't find anything for where you want to go, but here is one, you could take two quad rooms at Mara Vista (take the kids out early from School). I'm sure if you explained to school, re having large family, impossible to get accommodation etc, they may be ok. You could take two weeks for £1,775 for accommodation. Still need flights though. You could check out the flight checker on the site.

So 20th June for 14 nights, Mara Vista apartments at Portimao, for the above price. Only have six bed rooms left after that.

http://www.bookings.org/hotel/pt/marlavista.html?checkin=2006-06-20;checkout=2006-07-04&aid=303619

Check out

http://www.hotelscomparison-10.co.uk/hotelsearchresults.php?userSessionId=a0b50f8ac0542c2bf7788722427f8839&searchSequence=2

Just a thought.

Also had a look at James Villas but they were through the roof, like nearly £3k just for the villa, no flights etc for a fortnight but availability was sparse.

HTH. Good Luck with finding something. Can't be easy, my ex has 3 daughters and when we were together, there was 7 of us.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    What about camping?

Eurocamp, KeyCamp and others have large tents and big static caravans all over Europe. Many sites have facilities like swimming pools, tennis courts etc., kids clubs and evening entertainment too.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    From www.siestaholidays.co.uk

Resort

Castell Montgri , L'estartit, Costa Brava

Accommodation Type Deluxe 8 Lodge
    Duration14 Nights
    Arrive Resort25 Jun 2006
    Travel / Party Travel Type Accommodation Only
    Adults2 Children6 Infants0
    Price Accommodation Cost£1,328.00
    Travel Insurance£40.00
    Accidental Damage Waiver£10.00
    Online Booking Discount-£20.00
    Total Cost£1,358.00
    To Pay Now£480.00

Lodge_deluxe6_3_lge.jpg

Lodge_deluxe6_1_lge.jpg

castellmontgri_image_a_lge.jpg
  • mum26boys
    Options
    Thanks for that. Really need to take in school hols 22/7 onwards as hubbies on leave then and can't change dates, plus have taken boys out of school already this yr had mid
    week winter warmer break at Centreparcs for 299 but prices jump to 1700+ for 1 week in summer. Has anyone been to euro centre parcs?

Am off to check out your suggestions thanks
    Julie
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    http://www.villarenters.com/villas/sao-bras-algarve-villa-to-rent-3778-sum.asp?rag=11126s&rcam=myvillarenters&unbrand=Pricey though, so probably better with Euro Center Parcs.

There's this one, may be booked but worth a try. Pretty reasonable.

http://www.holiday-villa-in.co.uk/villa.php?v=42&c=12&t=26
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure